Sunday, March 08, 2009

Pedal Around the Bay

On Saturday The Goddess turned 42.
For her birthday, she got a new tattoo.

kimgettingtat

While the tattoo artist needled away,
I pedaled around Humboldt Bay.

greatwhite

In Manila I came across a Great White.
It was quite a fright.

godwits

From the Samoa Bridge, I watched godwits using their long beaks
to dig for tasty treats.

dome

The architect of this structure did his best
to create a building that looks like two breasts.

oldarcataroad

On Old Arcata Road I felt a little bolder
riding on a new, smooth shoulder.

dunes

I admired the Lanphere Dunes
while whistling some familiar tunes.

Kimstattoo

Then it was time for some cocktails and a shot or two
as we all toasted Kim's new tattoo.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday Kim.
Nice tat! You went out on a limb.

And, yeah, we used to call that building the 38 double D. Everybody knew where you meant. Over the years it's been a realtors office, a video rental place and a hair styling salon.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Kristabel said...

Very pretty tattoo. Happy Birthday to Kimmy!

The 38 double D...funny. My friend who used to live in Myrtletown called it Tits Video back when it was a video rental place.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I bought my first VCR there back in the early 80s. It was a Beta machine.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters