Friday, February 27, 2009

Exploring the Samoa Peninsula.2.27.09

wheelinmotion

I rambled down the peninsula...

samoatrees
... and admired the scenery.

Samoaindustrialsite

I find the industrial facilities ugly, but extremely interesting.

coastguardstation

The U.S. Coast Guard maintains a beautiful building at the south end.

jettywaves

When I reached the end, I thought about swimming across the jetty while holding my bike over my head, but I decided against it.

Bikeatjetty

Sand. Salt water. A steel bicycle. Nothing could possibly go wrong with this combination.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Savage said...

Mmmmmmmm... I just love the peninsula! Thanks for doing it justice, Jack!

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I had friends in Arcata, I used to go "up north" from time to time, and we always made it out to the North Spit. I loved that place. Great photos!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters