Monday, February 09, 2009

Cool artifact – McK Totem Pole bumper 'sticker'

So I was purchasing a combination picture book/record set titled "Bozo the Clown and his Rocketship" at the Redwood Acres rummage sale Sunday morning when The Goddess said "Hey Jack! Check this out!"

totempolesticker

Wow! Now we're talking treasure. I'm told these things were printed up and placed on car bumpers when the McKinleyville Totem Pole was erected in the 1960s.

It came free with my Bozo purchase.

For those not familiar with McKinleyville, here's a recent photo of the totem pole at sunrise.

totempole

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Thill said...

I have vague recollections from my youth of visiting a large totem pole in Michigan or Wisconsin. I recall it being larger than your totem pole appears to be. But given my extreme youth at the time of my totem pole visit, I trust your bumper sticker over my hazy memory.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters