Monday, February 02, 2009

Bald Eagle

People say there are Bald Eagles in Humboldt County and that they've seen them.

But I've never been that lucky, until this morning. I was in the Valley West area of Arcata when I saw what appeared to be a bald eagle flying eastbound just north of Giuntoli Lane. It was big with a white head and black feathers, kind of like the one in the photo below, which I took in August while visiting Alaska.

baldeagle

And since I'm posting photos from one of my old Flickr sites, let's look at the "sixth" photo in that file.

foggyrivernew

It's a picture of the Mad River in fog and was the first photo I took on the morning of July 4, when I pedaled up to Kneeland.

swaggart

The photo right before that one is of an album I purchased at a thrift store. You all remember Swaggart?

Eagles? Preachers? That reminds me of one of my favorite Cake songs.



Now do you believe
In the one big sign
The doublewide shine
On the bootheels of your prime

2 Comments:

Blogger Indie said...

Now this is an interesting juxtaposition: eagles, Swaggart, Cake. Isn't it wonderful to see an eagle? I'm glad you got to see one. I've seen them in Oregon and in Shasta County, but never here.

12:57 AM  
Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I've never seen a mature bald eagle around here but I saw an immature one (no white head) over by Humboldt Bay Power Plant when I used to work there.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters