Sunday, February 01, 2009

The sixth photo in the sixth file

I was tagged and told to post the "sixth photo in my sixth photo file" and then tell a story about it.

I'm not sure what is meant by the "sixth file," so I went into iPhoto and found the sixth "event" file for 2008 and then selected the sixth photo.

Here it is:

boliersign

It's a photo of the Bolier Avenue road sign off Murray Road in McKinleyville. I took it after receiving an email from Leo Bolier of the Netherlands. He was researching his family history and wanted to know if I had any information about his relatives who came to McKinleyville in 1940 and started a bulb farm.

I didn't have any information, but I sent him this photo for his scrap book. Based on his emails, this seemed to make him happy as a clam.

If you're reading this, consider yourself tagged!

1 Comments:

Blogger Indie said...

I would have guessed your photo would be a celebration of place. You are great at really seeing the places you go. Are there still any bulb or flower farms around here, I wonder?

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters