Wednesday, February 04, 2009

First Annual (sic) Old Town Eureka Three-Speed Tour

A little birdie told me that efforts are underway to organize the “First Annual Old Town Eureka Three Speed Tour.”

The event is scheduled for sometime in the spring or early summer.

Until I heard about this, I hadn’t realized there was a community of three-speed freaks in Humboldt. How many of you are there?

Until more details emerge, I’ll try to use the mighty power of this blog to influence the event, which should be free of all lycra clothing.

For those interested, here’s what I’ll be riding if I’m free that day:

Hawthorne

bikeingardennew

6 Comments:

Blogger reverend dick said...

That is a sweet ass bag, Jack.


And I mean that how you think I do.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I don't know much 'bout fixing up bikes, but I've been looking for an excuse to fix up the father-in-law's 3speed 1970ish Raleigh that's sittin' in the back of the garage. This event sounds like a great excuse.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Red-Headed Beach Dawdler said...

Me and my Raleigh Sprite (circa 1969) hope that little birdie keeps spreading the word...

A-tisket a-tasket
Mine's got a wicker basket!

11:04 PM  
Blogger OrangeElmo said...

Red-Headed Beach Dawdler said...
"Mine's got a wicker basket!"


Mine, too, but it's a Peugeot. Been on the road with me since 1965. Bought at a police auction in Chicago and refurbed, lo these many years and many miles. But I need to upgrade the gearing. Modern gears are soooo much improved. Do you think this is doable?

11:10 PM  
Blogger Jim Thill said...

Three-speed ride, please. I believe "Three Speed Tour" is trademarked.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Jack Durham said...

I may encourage rhe organizers to include all types of bikes, including three-speeds, fat-tire cruisers, K-Mart specials and anything that falls outside the realm of what's considered acceptable by the established bicycle community.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters