Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A slow, flat ride on the peninsula

I took a short ride from Manila to the U.S. Coast Guard station and back this morning.

lifeboat

I stopped at the Humboldt Bay Maritime Museum and admired this life boat. It's huge.


buoywithbike

Oh buoy!

bellbouy

Got that?

boatcoastguardsmall

Further down the peninsula I could see that the coasties were up to something. Here's one boat.

coastguardmedium

And another.

boatsheriffs

The Humboldt County Sheriff's boat was also involved.

modelplane

I stopped and watched remote control model planes at the Samoa International Airport.

bikeandlupines

My bike is a sweet ride. It's not a light bike, nor is it a fast bike. It's a sturdy touring bike. I'm very pleased with its performance.



This song was going through my head during the ride, and after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters