Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Riding in the forest

Early yesterday evening and this morning I explored my old stomping grounds behind Humboldt State University. Back in the day I spent an enormous amount of time in the Arcata Community Forest, but not in recent years.

myapartment

I left my swanky new love pad, which is the bottom one.


biketrailstart

Within about five minutes or so, I was in the forest.

bikegiantstump

You could have a nice party under this giant stump and stay nice and dry in the rain.

forestfog

I made my way up hill and through the fog.

bikestump

You could make a nice house in one of these stumps.

bikeforestdownhill

I got to the top and began the descent. It's beautiful.

bikeeconomies

This statement is too vague for me. Personally, I'm a fan of the barter system and use it all the time.

2 Comments:

Blogger reverend dick said...

Daaaaaamn, man. You got such nice country to ride in.

Barter me this: if you come down to Monterey, lemme know and I'll take you to the Goods. If I come up to McKinnleyville, I'll letchew know and you show me the Goods. And I am talking bike-wise.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Jack Durham said...

It's a deal. Hit me up anytime!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters