Saturday, September 13, 2008

Trinidad Tour



I like her version of Valerie. I like it so much that this kept going through my head during today's Trinidad Tour. I completed the 100k in 4:20. That's a time that Humboldters can appreciate. Nice and slow, despite my efforts. Next time I need to get a song with a faster beat drilled into my head.


The good news is that I came in just ahead of the pretty college girls and their studly boyfriends. But there was a difference – they looked relaxed and refreshed as if they could do the ride all over again, while I looked like I had spent the morning fighting the Taliban in the mountains of Tora Bora.

Oh, but such good fun. I was also invited to join some college kids for what's called Fickle Hill Friday. You meet at 5 p.m. and climb Fickle Hill. Sounds painful, but I might do it just to see if I can keep up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters