Friday, September 12, 2008

Bliss Basket

I’ve had my bicycle basket for three days, and I must say that it’s changed my entire life. I’m now in total harmony with myself and my surroundings. Everywhere I go I see rainbows, butterflies and baby ducks. I’m operating on a level of consciousness that most of you sorry bastards will never experience, unless you get your own bicycle baskets.

bikeingardennew

On Thursday I sent a message telepathically to George asking him to invite me over to his garden so I could fill my new basket with fresh produce. George did as requested and I enjoyed the bounty.

rainbowchard

I walked away with the most incredible rainbow chard.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

That is a beautiful garden.

5:13 PM  
Blogger reverend dick said...

Hmmmm. I have had several baskets on several bikes and have not experienced this bliss of which you speak.

Maybe I installed them wrong.

6:23 PM  
Blogger beachcomber said...

I am in the infantile stages of riding my bicycle, having resurrected an unused family bike and reminding my legs that they actually CAN peddle more than a quarter mile at a time. I just can't seem to get any compliance when I want to reinstall the old "ET" basket from my old bike. My family is mortified. I do like those mesh numbers so maybe that more modern look will convince them.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Indie said...

I can't believe how gorgeous that chard is. Great photo!

My new bike has no place for a front basket, and you can just imagine the hell that causes me. I am going to have to rig up something on the back, or return to my old bike, which (sadly) isn't pink.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters