Tuesday, April 01, 2008

To Patrick's Point and back.4.1.08

After a week of coughing it was time for some physical therapy. So after work on Tuesday I hit the road and headed north. After a short time on the bike I suddenly felt... normal. That little spark came back and I was feeling good.

surfers at Camel Rock

The surfers were out in force at Camel Rock. Is one of those black dots Jennifer Savage?

view of trinidad from scenic

When I say we live in paradise, I mean it. Seriously.

patricks'spoint

I made my way to my favorite park – Patrick's Point. People travel hundreds of miles to visit this park, but we can bicycle to it after work.

making tea

The coughing resumed at Patrick's Point, which was fine because it gave me an excuse to fire up my little 3.5 ounce Esbit stove and make a quick cup of tea. That solved the problem.

agate beach

Here's Agate Beach. In the distance is Big Lagoon.

sumeg house

I visited Sumeg Village.

sumeg

This is a perfectly sensible way to make a roof. Check out how the wood slabs have a slight curve. There's no reason such a roof couldn't keep the inhabitants nice and dry.

inside sumeg lodge

I set my camera to an insanely long exposure and stuck it inside one of the Sumeg buildings. Then I proceeded to drop the camera. The flash went off and this was the result. It's the best photo I've taken in months. Consider it modern art.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kym said...

The Sumeg village is magical. I've taken my class there before and the wildest kid quiets and walks around awestruck.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Gordon Inkeles said...

A stove on a bike ride...!

What else do you carry?

10:10 PM  
Blogger Jack Durham said...

I always carry an anvil just in case I need to do a little blacksmithing on the road....

Actually, I rarely carry a camp stove. But 3.5 ounces seemed reasonable for a hot cup of tea.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Jerome said...

that is a great picture! Love it!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters