Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday Morning Commute.7.16.07

As I do every Monday, I grabbed a cuppa joe, jumped in the car and hit the road.

Stone Lagoon.7.16.07

My first stop was Stone Lagoon. Herman Melville was right – people like to gaze at bodies of water. (And, yes, white is a scarier color than black. Got that?)

Stick

Just a stick.

Orick Theatre

Frank will be performing at the Orick Theatre. On this one special night, Orick will be transported back in time to the good ole days, when the town was bustling and there was a seemingly endless supply of old growth redwoods.

"Orick, Orick, that toddling town
Orick, Orick I'll show you around - I love it
Bet your bottom dollar you'll lose the blues in Orick
The town that Billy's Sunday could not shut down."

Battery Point Lighthouse

You can only get to and from the Battery Point Lighthouse at low tide. Today was a very low tide.

Building.

This building seems out of place in Crescent City. Then again, I feel out of place in Crescent City, so what do I know?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that building looks so much better today than it did, say, 10 years ago. I thought for sure it would be demolished. But, look at it now.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters