Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Mill Creek Falls.7.3.07

MIll Creek Falls, rounded corners

On Tuesday I ride by Turner Road off Central Avenue just south of Kmart. I can't resist stopping by the falls. I'm never happy with the photos I take down there, but I click away nevertheless.

This time I decided to try something different. I used the "manual mode" on my little camera and used a slow shutter speed. I didn't mess with the colors or anything, but the camera captured some odd shades of green. That's probably because it's a confusing lighting situation, with dark areas and bright areas.

I used the corny "feather edge" on the photo above because it was the only way I could figure out how to cover up a corner that was way over-exposed. There appears to be a water spot on the photo below. I'll consider these "rough drafts" and I'll return to the falls soon to work on this concept.

Mill Creek, left side

Mill Creek Falls, south side

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters