Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Trip to the Big City

I punched out shortly after 5 p.m. today, got on my bike and started pedalling across the Arcata Bottoms.

self portrait

I took this self portrait of my shadow while riding. Then I bumped up the contrast in Photoshop. As you can see, I was riding one of those old-timey bikes with a giant front wheel.

Go Fish

Next thing I knew, I was in the Big City. It was all very strange and overwhelming for me being that I'm just a simple country boy. I saw hookers and winos and all sorts of interesting people. The restaurant above reminds me of an old Talking Heads album cover.

Jim Dunn's

Jim Dunn's is closed. I had a drink there back in the late 1980s. Interesting clientele. No matter how much I drank, I couldn't stay buzzed because I was scared that someone would stick a knife in my back.

tilted

Cool building, different angle.

Old wharehouse

This is the oldest structure on the waterfront and some people want to save it. They're nuts.

Old garage

On the way home I noticed this old garage in the Bottoms. I like the wood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters