Thursday, June 07, 2007

Ramblings

I spent some quality time Tuesday evening working on my bicycles. The first order of business was to complete a long-overdue project – installing my electric bicycle motor on an old bike so that I can sell it.

Electric bike

Here’s a photo of the completed bicycle. For those not familiar with these contraptions, that big ass hub on the front wheel is the motor. That black bag on the rear rack contains the batteries. Pull a lever and – zoom – the motor takes you on a nice little ride- 10 to 15 miles.

I took it for a spin and it’s a lot of fun, but it doesn’t make any sense for me anymore. So it’s for sale. Hopefully someone else can get some enjoyment out of it.

The proceeds from the sale will go towards fixing up an old aluminium Cannondale bike, which will become my new racing/touring machine and replace the Mighty Panasonic.

The nice thing about installing the electric motor on the old mountain bike is that it freed up my Specialized Rock Hopper for regular riding. I took it for a spin this evening and stopped to check the graffiti under the Hammond Bridge.

Mountain bike

I imagine that a book club meets under the bridge and discusses the works of Charles Bukowski near this mural. Which is better, “Women” or “Ham on Rye”? Then they drink cocktails and read poetry aloud under candlelight.

Hammond Bridge

Further up the road I stopped to take a picture of the bridge from a distance. It’s not much of a photo, but the scenery is spectacular.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

If not a book - YET - have you considered a photo show at Ramone's, or at a local gallery? For Arts Alive!?

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters