Thursday, October 08, 2009

Morning ramble

This morning I spent quality time with the flagship of the fleet – the Novara Randonee. It's not the fastest bike on the road, but it will get you where you want to go – potholes be damned!


Bikewithmural

It felt good to get out and explore.

bikeonbridge
It was chilly and gray as I made my way through the Arcata Bottom.

arcatabottom

It was quiet and peaceful. I wondered to myself why I don't take a ride like this every day.

windsongstreet

I passed through Arcata's Windsong subdivision, which I recall writing about for the Arcata Union when the development was before the planning commission. Notice the narrow streets and off-street parking. Children could actually play in these streets and be safe.

windsongbackyard

Pathways run between the homes and only small fences are allowed. So these are the "backyards." It's an interesting concept, although it's probably not the place to live if you have a large dog.

greategret

I crossed over to the south end of Jackson Ranch Rd. and admired the wildlife as I made my way home.

Oldhouse

3 Comments:

Blogger OrangeElmo said...

I miss the egrets.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How'd you get the framing effects for the photos? These look great! Jill

11:32 AM  
Blogger Raven said...

I love the one of the house sweetie!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters