Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Like A Rhinestone Cowboy

Now for a random childhood memory...

The year is 1975 or 1976.

I'm a small child, playing with wooden blocks – red, blue and green.

I'm in the dining room on a hard, white floor with speckled black dots. I stack the blocks one atop another until there's a teetering tower and the blocks crash down, making a spectacular sound.

My parents are across the room reading books on a green couch. They're happy, as usual, and occasionaly mutter words of encouragement as I repeatedly stack my blocks.
In turn, I feel happy and accomplished. I'm enjoying the music, which is this song:

2 Comments:

Blogger Indie said...

I remember this song well. I can probably even remember all the words :)

11:13 AM  
Blogger beachcomber said...

I remember watching his show...was it the Good Time Hour or some such? He was one HELLUVA guitar player. He and Jerry Reed were a kick together.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters