Monday, August 25, 2008

Google maps

I was catching up this evening on some of the local blogs when I clicked on The Petch House and read his post about google maps.

I was somewhat familiar with google maps but didn't really appreciate how shocking it was until I punched in my own address and saw a picture of my house from a variety of angles! I guess it's kind of like torture and the suspension of habeas corpus – you don't really think about it until it happens to you.

Anyway, I'm just glad the google streetview camera car didn't come by when I was mowing the lawn, which I usually do buck naked. I don't like to get grass clippings on my clothes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kym said...

This post definitely needs a photo to accompany it...

10:29 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Savage said...

What day does that happen, again?

(Cool thing I just learned on Google Maps: You can manually drag the route around to explore alternate ways of getting from point A to point B. Very good for bicycling or scenic driving!)

11:09 PM  
Blogger Jack Durham said...

It can also come in handy when reading the cop log and you want to know what a certain area looks like.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters