Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thar she blows!

I was supposed to work tonight and get a bunch of stuff done. But by 7 p.m. I had had enough. I jumped on my 1963 Hawthorne 3-speed and headed north in search of whales.

hawthorneatluffenholt

I saw spouts as soon as I reached Scenic Drive. I carried my bike to the Luffenholtz overlook. Damn, that's a beautiful bike. I love the classic lines. I'm thinking of buying a basket for the front so I can carry supplies, like maybe some binoculars.

I went further north to some point just south of Baker Beach. At one point I saw five spouts all at once.

whalefromafar

Thar she blows!


whalespotting

Thar she blows again! Man, did I have a cheesy grin on my face. Come to think of it. I've had that cheesy grin for several weeks now.


viewfromcockpit

Then again, that antique Mickey Mouse bell on the left is driving me fucking nuts. The slightest bump or vibration results in non-stop racket. Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. I almost stopped and removed it, but I must say it's nice to have people hear you coming on the Hammond Trail. Check out the Sturmey-Archer "trigger" on the right.

bikeshad

1 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

I love this! Saw two spouts off of Clam Beach the other day, very distinct.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters