Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ride to Luffenholtz.11.13.07

When 4:15 p.m. rolled around I dropped everything, hopped on the bike and pedalled north.

Alders

Through this grove of alders I saw a white horse running on the beach below. It would have made a spectacular photo, but alas it was too far away. So I had to settle for this photo.

My bike

My Cannondale is nice and light, so it was easy to carry down the steps to Luffenholtz Beach. Other bicyclists sometimes call it an "old bike" or "vintage bike," which throws me because I think of it as my "new" bike. I think it's a sweet ride. Once I add a triple crank with a granny gear, it will be perfect.

luffenholtz.sunset

Mother nature put on a nice light show.

luffenholtz.creek

Luffenholtz Creek was running strong.

Luffenholtz.sun dips

The sun dipped.

selfportrait

Fortunately, I had a blinkie on the back of the bike and my miner's headlamp for the ride home in the dark. I took this shot of myself while coasting down a hill, and somehow managed to do so without crashing. Don't try this at home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gordon Inkeles said...

Beautiful shots, Jack! Which reminds me...I need to get up there on my bike tomorrow.

1:45 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

AWESOME! What a great sunset! Can't decide which I like better, that or the alders!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters