Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Evening fog ride

It was cold and foggy this evening when I went on a short ride. I had planned on making it a real workout, but I ran into a problem – the fog collected on my glasses and I could hardly see the road ahead. So, I decided to relax and turn the ride into a short photo expedition.

Fischer fog

I accidently let the flash go off when taking this photo. I was going to delete it, but upon closer examination I like how the flash captured the water droplets in the air.

pumpkins

On the way back, it was getting dark. I put my camera on a fence post, set the shutter for 15 seconds and took this shot. I made zero adjustments to the colors, so the camera did all the work.

Ghostly idiots

I was approached by these two thuggish-looking ghosts on Fischer Road.

roger's at night

Since I was playing around with slow shutter speeds, I took a shot of Roger's Market. Cars were coming and going, as you can see by the colorful streaks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eero said...

There is such inherent good humor in all of your photos.

That pumpkin field image is simply beautiful!

I'm an endurance rider, myself, but only in summer. Deep winter in AK cramps my cycling style. I turn to skiing.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Jack Durham said...

Thanks Eero! I'm humbled after looking at your site.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters