Thursday, July 19, 2007

At night...

If you saw a questionable-looking fellow with a camera lurking around downtown McKinleyville Wednesday night, it may have been me.

After sitting on a plastic chair for nearly 3 1/2 hours and listening to people debate the pros and cons of fluoride and other topics at Azalea Hall, I felt like screaming. So I just got up and left, and decided to take some night shots before returning home.

fig's glowing

This photo sucks, but it's the best one I got. I'm playing around with extremely slow shutter speeds with my cheapo digital. Had there been more traffic on Central, I could have taken something interesting – in which the car lights turn into colored lines. That technique worked, but the photos aren't worth posting.

***

Today I had to visit a Big Box in the Big City. So I checked out the cameras. It was interesting to discover that a digital camera similar to the one I'm now using cost about $100 or less. Even more interesting is that a camera with all sorts of bells and whistles and a pretty nifty lens can be had for $300. Naturally, the consumer in me is interested.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack, I like it. My daughter and I took her new $125ish Canon digital camera out at night. It had all kinds of digital filters and what not on it. We went down to the Broadway Cinema in Eureka and had a ball with the neon.

Keep up the good shooting.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Has Dave seen this? I think he'll like it.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters