Saturday, December 31, 2011

Exploring Humboldt Bay with Kayaks

CalmBay

On Dec. 24 we explored Humboldt Bay in our kayaks. The weather was perfect. The bay was as smooth as glass.

kayak.front

We paddled up the slough near Murray Field.

egret

Egret.

heron.side.
Heron.

herononbranches

heronflying

There are all sorts of interesting remnants from railroads and piers from years gone by.

hawk.pissed
We saw this fellow hovering above. Then it swooped down and snatched a little duck out of the water, returned to shore and devoured it. Yikes!

hawkclose.

It seemed pissed that I was taking its photo.

hawkflight

Fly!

bridge

I'm seeing a lot of "Old Crow" graffiti. Is that a local gang? Maybe I'll start my own gang called Bombay Sapphire.

jackandkimkayak

Another beautiful day with The Goddess.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gordon Inkeles said...

Inspirational! I'm getting out the kayaks here.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Bill Danielson said...

I've always wanted to try kayaking. It looks like you had a great time!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters