Friday, December 01, 2006

Weekly Bicycle Wrap 12.1.06

This week’s total mileage: 41.5 miles

This week’s mileage on e-bike: 0

This week’s mileage on a regular bike: 41.5

Total mileage since July 10, 2006: 933.5

Total e-bike mileage since July 10, 2006: 529.5

Total regular bike mileage since July 10, 2006: 404

Gas savings this week: 2.5 gallons

Gallons saved since July 10, 2006: 45.70

Price of gas today: $2.60

Gas savings since July 10, 2006: $162.41

Flat tires since July 10, 2006: 4

Found items on the roadway: One nice pair of tin snips (11/8/06)

Notes: Due to holiday travel, I logged only 4.5 miles last week, so I skipped the weekly wrap.

This week I’m back. I went to use the e-bike on Tuesday and discovered a flat rear tire. Bummer. That meant I was on the regular road bike all week.

Nothing special to note other than the fact that I dug through an old bag of ski wear in the garage and pulled out a nice pair of wool gloves. It’s getting chilly.

Also, the road bike is a mess. It need to set aside about an hour next week for some serious maintenance work.

2 Comments:

Blogger "Bob" said...

What's an e-bike?
Is it virtual?

5:47 PM  
Blogger Jack Durham said...

If you ever see me running down Central Avenue dressed in a lycra jumpsuit and holding imaginary handlebars, that's a sign that I'm riding my virtual bike.

My e-bike is an electric bike. It's kind of like a weak moped with limited range, but with pedals that actually do something. Check out my electric bike blog link on the left.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters