Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Facial hair

On Saturday morning I was shaving my face when it suddenly occurred to me that this morning ritual, which I’ve performed almost every day since sometime during the Reagan Administration, is completely optional.

I am not required to shave my face and, being that I’m self employed, I can’t be fired for having facial hair. So on Sunday I stopped shaving and haven’t picked up a razor since.

I’m now on day three. There’s no beard, no mustache – just stubble. This may work for Russell Crowe, but on me it looks like shit. It gives me a bum quality – even more so than usual. And it doesn’t feel very good.


Patience is the key. Maybe within a week I’ll resemble the Brawny Paper Towel man, or I’ll look like Fu Manchu.


Or it’s possible that tomorrow morning I’ll cave in and shave. Time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Hit Counters